As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to share the actions we are taking at City Kitty to maintain a safe and clean environment for you, your kitties, and our staff. The recommendations being made by state and federal officials are changing rapidly and we are diligently following those.
In addition to our strong cleaning and safety practices, we are:
1) CLEANING: Increasing the frequency of daily cleaning and disinfectant procedures, as well as increasing the frequency of our already strict hand-washing policy. We will disinfect the credit card terminal after every transaction. We are also using the Ozone machine to disinfect the entire salon as it is programmed to run after we leave. Ozone (O3) is effective against 99.999% of airborne pathogens as it damages the RNA that makes up the virus. It is one of the strongest disinfectants available to the public.
2) SICKNESS & CLOSURE: If for any reason one of our staff begins to show any signs of illness, they will be sent home. However we are more likely to assume if one of us gets sick that likely all of us could have potentially been exposed. As such, it is more likely that we would close down for a few weeks. If you have any symptoms of illness, we ask that you cancel your appointment and we are waiving our cancellation policy.
3) NEW CLIENTS: We have temporarily suspended booking new clients to limit the amount of face-to-face time, as well as people in and out of the salon.
4) CURBSIDE KITTY PICK-UP: Now offering (optional) curbside kitty pick-up/drop-off. You are more than welcome to come in the shop and promptly drop off/pick up your kitty, as usual. If you are more comfortable staying in your car – please indicate this in the notes section when booking your appointment and call us upon arrival at (206) 542-7006.
5) PROMPT PICK-UPS AND DROP-OFFS: We always ask that you show up on time, however in these times it is especially important as we will attempt to limit the number of people coming and going. This means we ask that you show up at your appointment time, as well as promptly at the time we give you for pickup. In addition we cannot accommodate anyone staying for any part of the grooming process as our salon is space limited, and means social distancing is rather difficult.
As a family-owned small business, we want to thank you for your continued support and understanding during this time of heightened stress and uncertainty. Please share with us any additional questions or concerns, as the well-being of you and your kitties is our top priority.